| - Gorka Dieitz-Sanxurxo |
今週の #WOTW は 'patience’ です。’Patience’ is a noun and something we all need. Let’s have a look!
- The food in that restaurant might be delicious but the queues are really long. I don’t think I have the patience. (The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.)
- My dog Rocco really has no patience. He can’t wait to go out first thing in the morning. (see above.)
- He has no patience to wait for his break, so he sneaks out for a cigarette every now and then. (See above.)
- I’m going to run out of patience if you continue listening to that loud music until the wee hours. (See above.)
- I don’t like poker or bridge. I like playing patience, though. ( This is British. It is also known as ‘solitaire’. It’s used for card games for one player, the object of which is to use up all one's cards by forming particular arrangements and sequences.)
Let us finish with one phrase.
- [lose patience] Staying home is difficult, but we mustn’t lose patience. (Become unable to keep one's temper.)
- [lose patience] I don’t know what to do about my son. I’m really losing my patience here, and when that happens… I just don’t know. (See above.)