| - Gorka Dieitz-Sanxurxo |
今週の #WOTW は 'always’ です。'Always’ is an adverb and part of a very common phrase. We’re sure most of you already know how to use it, but read the sentences below and pay attention to the order in which ‘always’ appears in them. What do you notice?
- It’s always brighter in the morning. (At all times; on all occasions.)
- I’ve always liked football, ever since I was a little girl. (Throughout a long period of the past.)
- You will always be remembered here. (For all future time; forever.)
- She always sends me messages. (Repeatedly and annoyingly.)
- We can always go to an izakaya if it rains and we can’t have the picnic. (As a last resort; failing all else.)
Time for the phrase now.
- [as always] I came to school by train, as always. (As usual; as always happens.)