| - Gorka Dieitz-Sanxurxo |
今週の #WOTW は 'apply’ です。'Apply’ is a verb. Let’s have a look at a couple of ways we can use it.
- You need to apply before you can study in this school. (Make a formal application or request.)
- I’ve been out of work for a year, so I’m just applying to any job offer I see. (Put oneself forward formally as a candidate for a job.)
- Travel restrictions don’t apply to Japanese citizens. (Be applicable or relevant.)
- The new rules will apply from next week. (Bring or put into operation or use.)
- Apply the lotion with a circular motion. (Put or spread a substance on a surface.)
- In order to avoid air bubbles from appearing, apply even pressure using a clean cloth. (Use, exert.)
There’s also a phrase.
- [apply oneself] If I really apply myself to study, I think I can get the IELTS score I need. (Give one's full attention to a task, work hard.)