| - Gorka Dieitz-Sanxurxo |
今週の #WOTW は 'enlighten’ です。’Enlighten’ is a verb, and a metaphorical one at that. Let’s have a look!
- I have enlightened her as to what the problem is. She seemed to understand and agreed to change her behaviour. (Give someone greater knowledge and understanding about a subject or situation.)
- A: Have you ever heard of the butterfly effect?
- B: I haven’t. Enlighten me!
- God, please, tell me what to do, show me the way… Enlighten me! (Give someone spiritual knowledge or insight.)
- Every morning, the sun enlightens the fields and makes them look like a sea of gold. (Shed light on something. This is archaic, which means very old sounding. You might find it in books. )