| - Tim Lake |
今週の #WOTW は ‘outcome’ です. It is a noun with only one meaning, so it is easy to learn. Take a look:
The noun ‘outcome’ means the way something ends up, or a consequence. In simple terms, outcome is very similar to result.
- The outcome of the vote was not what was predicted.
- It is difficult at this point to see what the likely outcome will be.
- The bad weather effected the outcome of the race.
- A change in lifestyle and diet will cause better health outcomes.
- A small change in the starting conditions can make a big difference to the eventual outcomes.
- Just because you don`t know the outcome doesn`t mean you shouldn’t work hard to do your best.
この単語は、英語で最もよく使われる3,000の単語のリストであるNew General Service Listからのものです。完全なリストはこちらから。