| - Gorka Dieitz-Sanxurxo |
今週の #WOTW は 'presentation’ です。’Presentation’ is a noun. Let us presently present it to you.
- After all the students were sat in their seats, the ceremony begun and the presentation of certificates started. (The giving of something to someone, especially as part of a formal ceremony.)
- The presentation is a big part of the culinary experience. (The manner or style in which something is given, offered, or displayed.)
- I thought the presentation on solar energy was the most interesting of the whole congress. (A speech or talk in which a new product, idea, or piece of work is shown and explained to an audience.)
- The ball was the presentation to society of the city's wealthy families' youth. (A formal introduction of someone, especially at court.)
- Patients can be asymptomatic at initial presentation and still be infected. (The coming forward of a patient for initial examination and diagnosis.)
- If you know what the presentation of a disease looks like, you can treat it in its early stages. (The manner in which a disease initially manifests itself.)
- A: Some people celebrate Christmas until Presentation.
- B: You're kidding!
(Also Presentation of Christ. It's another term for Candlemas, forty days after Christmas Day.)