| - Gorka Dieitz-Sanxurxo |
今週の #WOTW は 'thank’Thank is a word we are all very familiar with, but if you keep on reading, we think you will learn a thing or two. 'Thank' is a verb, as you know, and also part of some phrases.
- Thank you! (Express gratitude to someone.)
- Did you thank Peter for the flowers? (See above.)
- You can cry all you want now, but you have only yourself to thank for the situation you're in. (Used ironically to assign blame or responsibility for something.)
- Thank you very much for changing my shift again. (See above.)
Let's have a look at the phrases.
- [I will thank you to do something] I'll thank you not to interrupt me again. (Used to make a request conveying reproach or annoyance.)
- [thank God] Thank God I managed to catch the train. (Used as an expression of relief.)
- [thank one's lucky stars] I just thank my lucky stars for having been born in Japan. (Feel grateful for one's good fortune.)