| - Tim Lake |
今週の #WOTW は ‘vision’ です. ‘Vision’ is a noun with three main meanings that all having to do with seeing. Let’s look closer:
The first meaning of the noun ‘vision’, is simply being able to see.
- They have good senses of vision and smell, as well as hearing.
- One day she hopes surgery will restore her vision.
- I focused my vision and was able to see the mountains in the distance.
The second meaning of ‘vision’ is about planning and seeing something in your mind using imagination.
- Steve Jobs had a clear vision of where he wanted to lead Apple.
- You can achieve anything with vision, imagination and hard work.
- She was full of artistic vision and potential.
- In his book he explained a utopian vision for society.
The third meaning of ‘vision’ is about something you see or experience, in a dream, trance or during a supernatural experience.
- The concept for the opera came to him in a vision.
- Dali was able to capture his fantastic dreams and visions on canvas.
- The play is a nightmarish vision of what life was like in a labour camp.
- An angel came to him in a vision and told him what to do.
この単語は、英語で最もよく使われる3,000の単語のリストであるNew General Service Listからのものです。完全なリストはこちらから。